IELTS SPEAKING

Friends

PART II
Topic: Describe a person who accidentally became your friend
You should say:

  • who the person is
  • how  you met him/her
  • what made you two become friends
  • and explain how is your friendship now
1. One minute preparation:
Bookstore owner- regular visit
Have time on hands- sit all day reading
Ask about a book. Not a single boring page
=> unbroken stream conversation
=> hit it off
A voracious reader- possesses mountain of books- a perfect match
Share a pile of book- pass on to me.
Hidden power- keep u involved in her words & story. Cheery voices, emotional, touching etc
A depth in eyes => makes me want to dive into.
2. Sample Answer
You know everything in the world has its own reason to happen, and people who come to you definitely has something significantly to do with your life so I’m going to talk about a person who by accident become a part of my friend circle. And I’d prefer it to be a fate rather than just so-called accidentally-made friendship.
Reminiscing about how we happened to know each other, she is the owner of a bookstore I often pay a visit to. In the first place we did not really catch each other’s attention. But then the more I come there, I mean, sometimes I have times on my hands, I would sit around and read book even the whole day at her bookstore. There came a day, she came and asked my which book I was reading and if I enjoyed it. I answered her that that is my third time reading the book and there was absolutely not a boring page in the whole book so we started to talk about the book, and the rest of the conversation just followed in an unbroken stream. Because we got pretty much so many things in common, especially in terms of book.so we hit it off really well.
And as a matter-of-factly speaking, she is far more a voracious reader than I am. She possesses a mountain of books that i would dream having them in my house 
I would say that she is kinda a perfect match for me because you know in modern day, it is not easy to find a person who can share with you a pile of books that they’ve read and talk with you day and night about countless topics. like the whole world open to pass it on to you.
In particular, she has such a hidden power that can get you completely involved in her words, her story, to keep the conversation going with such a cheery voice, sometimes with emotional and touching as well. I mean she has such a depth in her eyes, that you just want to dive in her world.
That’s exactly kind of relationship that I’ve been craving for. After all, she is a good person to be friend with. So if I still have more time, I would like to tell you about some books that we’ve already read together and I would recommend anyone to read it once in life”.
3. Vocabulary
Reminisce about something: hồi tưởng lại
Pay a visit = visit: ghé thăm
Catch someone’s attention: chú ý đến ai
Have time on hands= have free/spare time: có thời gian rảnh
Hit it off: trở nên thân nhau
Voracious reader: đam mê sách
Pass on to someone: truyền lại cho ai
Dive into something: đi sâu vào
Crave for something: mong muốn thứ gì đó