IELTS SPEAKING

Criteria in IELTS Speaking

1. Fluency and Coherence
_ Fluency :
. Speed of speech
. Length of answer
. Pausing correctly
_ Coherence :
. Expand your answer
. Answer the question directly
. Connect words (redundant words)
2. Lexical resource
+ Ability to use less common words about specific topics
+ Idiomatic Vocabs
Example : Do you like your job?
_ Admittedly I have to say no. Actually I just kind of stick to this job to accumulate more experience then I'll find another chance for a better one. There's no opportunities for promotion there and it's not challenging like I expected. It's kind of a dead end job, you know. 
+ Example of uncommon words
Example : Melbourne is a cosmopolitan city. I mean you can just go out and meet like people from all around the world here, from Asia, Europe to Africa.
3. Grammatical Range and Accuracy
Example : Where are you from?
_ I come from Nghe An. Nghe An is very big province. It is the largest province in Vietnam. It is located in the middle of Vietnam.
=> I come from Nghe An which is the largest province in Vietnam located in the middle of the country.
4. Pronunciation
+ Basic word pronunciation (Vowels)
Example : Cut
+ Word stress
Example : Important vs impotent
+ Sentence stress
Example : I used to like reading books but more recently I've been into watching romantic Korean movies.
+ Intonation