IELTS SPEAKING

Family

Adrian : "..."(Speak),
INTERVIEW
Part 1
"Knock the door"
Adrian : Yes, come on in
Interviewer : Hello
Adrian : Hi, good afternoon, please have a seat
Interviewer : Thank you
Adrian My name is Adrian, may I have your name please
Interviewer : My name is Mohammed
Adrian : OK, Hi Mohammed. So this is the speaking section of the IELTS exam. The interview will take about twelve to fifteen minutes, okay? 
Interviewer : okay. 
Adrian : I will ask you some questions. There will be three parts. I'll give you instructions for each part and I'm going to record this for marking purposes. Is that okay?
Interviewer : Yes
Adrian : All right. Okay, so Mohammed, may I see your passport please?
Interviewer : Sure
Adrian : Thank you. No problem...OK...All right. Here is your passport back.
Interviewer : Thank you.
Adrian : And now we will begin with part one. I'm going ask you some questions on a general topic. Are you ready to begin? 
Interviewer : Yes, I'm
Adrian : Okay, so Mohammed let's talk about your family. Do you have sisters and brothers? If so, how many?
Interviewer : Yes, I come from a big family, I have sis brothers and four sisters and I am the second youngest in the family.
Adrian : All right. (Yeah). What was it like growing up in your family?
Interviewer : I have a lot of fun growing up. Having many siblings means always having someone around to play with and so as a child I was almost never bored.
Adrian : Okay. Are your parents and grandparents from the same country as you? If not, where are they from?
Interviewer : Just like me, my grandparents were also born in Saudi Arabia. My mother was also born there. However, my father was born in the United States during a time in which his father was studying in a university there.
Adrian : Hmm, why do you think family is important?
Interviewer : My family is my foundation. Life has lot's of up's and down's but family is the one part that remains constant no matter what
Adrian : Okay. Is family life important in your country?
Interviewer : I think family life is important in every country. So yes, it is important in Saudi Arabia. We are taught to respect and honour the people older than us and to teach and encourage those younger than us.
Adrian : Okay, That's the end of part one. Now we will move to part two. For part two I'm going to give you a card. The card will have some questions on it about a specific topic. Okay? You're going to have one minute to prepare your answer. This is a paper in front of you and here is a pen. You can take some notes if you would like in the one minute. After your one minute preparation is over. I will give you ninety seconds to speak. I'll tell you when to tart and when to stop.Okay?
Interviewer : Okay
Adrian : So here is the card, please keep it face down.
Interviewer : Okay
Adrian : Are you ready to begin?
Interviewer : Yes, I am
Adrian : Okay, so your one minute begins now, so go ahead, turn over the card and prepare.
Part 2
A government worker is a person involved in the government of a district, city, state or country. Describe a government worker that you respect.
You should say :   
_ Who the person is
_ What his or her title and responsibilities are  
_ What makes him or her worthy of your respect
_ What can be learnt from this government worker
You will have one minute to talk about this topic
You will have one minute to prepare what you are going to say
You can make note if you wish
Adrian : Okay, Mohammed, so your one minute preparation time is up, please begin speaking
Interviewer : One government worker that I truly respect is Nelson Mandela. He was the president of South Africa for a number of years but his influence on South Africa and the world politics is so much greater than that. He, well one greater accomplishment of Mandela was bringing together two races in a country which had until then been totally separate. Achieving this unity took a lot of intelligence, determination and years of hard work. Nelson Mandela was jailed for many years for protesting against the government. So he was, he was jailed for protesting against his government but eventually, he's, he won is release and the after that the presidency of South Africa. He made South Africa a better country, so I think there is a lot to be learned from a man like Mandela. First the important of determination and second, and second the value of standing up for what one believes in. And third I believe Mandela taught the world that anything is possible, from standing up for what he believe in, to being jailed, to being freed and then leading a country to prosperity. So a man like Mandela is truly, a man like Mandela truly deserves everyone's respect.
Part 3
Adrian : Okay, very good. And the time is up so we will now go to part three and I'm going to ask you some questions related to this topic. Are you ready to begin part three?
Interviewer : Yes, I am
Adrian : Okay. Let's talk about government workers and respect. Do you believe government workers are as respected today as they were in the past? If not, what has changed to make them less respected?
Interviewer : That's an interesting question. Are you asking if today society respects politicians as previous generations did?

Adrian : Yes
Interviewer : Okay, well, I think politicians are under increased pressure now due to the internet and social media. We know more about the lives, we know more about the bad things they might have done. So I think this could lead to decreased respect levels. 
Adrian : Okay. Why do you think it is important for government workers to have the respect of society?
Interviewer : I think it's important because it ensures that the government and society run smoothly. If government workers such as politicians are not respected then the laws and the government might not be respected.
Adrian : Okay. Government workers can earn the respect of people in many different ways. What are two ways in which a government worker can earn respect?
Interviewer : Yes. I think there are different ways to earn respect. One is by being honest with the public. Second is by keeping election promises. If a government worker is dishonest or breaks, breaks election promises then it's hard to gain the public respect. 
Adrian : All right, I am going to ask you a few more questions for part three. Let's talk about being a government worker. Would you consider becoming a government worker? What factors contribute to your feeling?
Interviewer : That is an interesting question. Can I please have a moment to think about it?
Adrian : Sure
Interviewer : Thank you. I think being a government worker is very difficult, however it can also be very rewarding. So if I have the right education and I have spent sometime in the workforce then yes, I would consider becoming a government worker.
Adrian : All right. What do you think is the hardest part of being a government worker? Why do you think people choose to work for the government despite all the difficulty the job entails?
Interviewer : I think people choose to work in the government out of a sense of duty to their city or country. No matter how difficult it is. And the hardest part or the most difficult part about working in the government. I think would be being constantly in the public eye.
Adrian : All right. That's the end of part three and that concludes the speaking section of the IELTS exam. You will get your mark with the other sections with the official paper in about two or three weeks.
Interviewer : Okay
Adrian : Do you have any questions for me?
Interviewer : No, I don't
Adrian : Okay, then thank you very much Mohammed and I hope you have a great rest of your day.
Interviewer : Yes, thank you
Adrian : Okay, bye bye
Interviewer : See you