IELTS SPEAKING

Describe someone who is older than you that you admire


PART II
Lưu ý : Trước khi xem sample answer, các bạn bắt buộc phải xem video Chiến thuật trả lời Speaking Part 2 của mình để biết phương pháp trả lời. Toàn bộ các câu trả lời của mình sẽ đi theo phương pháp mà mình đã nêu và các bạn sẽ thấy Part 2 không còn quá khó như bạn vẫn tưởng
Describe someone who is older than you that you admire

  • You should say:
  • Who this person is    
  • How you know this person
  • What kinds of things you like to do together
  • and explain how you feel about this person
1. 1 Minute Preparation :
Grandmother- whole childhood spent- strong bond- good-working relationship
Pinpoint reasons- caring and benevolent- help out- lift me up- more than enough
Held positive and upbeat perspective- strive for the better- make the most of things- look on the bright side-> changed myself- in positive way.
Feelings: great and blessed
2. Sample Answer
So I’m going to talk about a person that I really look up to. She is my grandmother. For the reason that i spent my whole childhood with her so we got a very strong bond and a very good-working relationship
I’m gonna pinpoint some reasons that make her become a very respectful person in my whole life. You know the very first thought about her is that she is a very caring and benevolent person that I’ve ever known. Back to those first days, it was quite tough for me, but she was always there to help me out when I was in need, to lift me up when I feel so blue and under the weather from time to time.  I mean she always offered me help more than enough, more than what i could ever asked for.
And another thing that makes her become a magnet in my eyes is that she always held a very upbeat, energetic and positive perspective in everything. You know, She taught me how to look on the bright side of things, how to make the most of every single situation no matter how hard it could be. and also, she taught me how too always keep striving for the better. So when i grow older, I’ve deliberately changed my eyes on viewing the world differently, in a very positive way.
So if I still have more time, I would like to talk more about my feelings when I have such a grandmother like her in my life. I feel so great and blessed to be a granddaughter of her”
3. Vocab :
Strong bond: thân thiết
Look up to: kính phục
Benevolent: tốt bụng, nhân hậu
Lift someone up: nâng đỡ,
Under the weather: tồi tệ
Magnet :  có sức hút
Upbeat: lạc quan
Make the most of something: tận dụng cơ hội
Look on the bright side of thing: lạc quan

PART III 
Describe someone who is older than you that you admire. You should say:

  • Who this person is    
  • How you know this person
  • What kinds of things you like to do together
  • and explain how you feel about this person

1. What kinds of activities do old people like to do these days?
Well, I think it depends. Some of them take care of their grandchildren and this takes up (chiếm nhiều thời gian) their time. Some of them take care of each other, you know, like both of my grandparents, they spend almost all day together, while my grandfather do some gardening, granma do some cooking or breed (chăn nuôi) some more pigs or chickens, just for fun. And maybe in the warmer weather, you will see them outside playing chess, jogging or doing the yoga”

2. Why do some old people only remember happy things?
“I’m not completely sure about it coz I’ve never done research (nghiên cứu chuyên sâu) on it but I assume (cho rằng) as people get older and they start losing their memories they will choose to recall (gợi nhớ) the happy events of their life and let go of the unimportant ones that aren’t so positive. What would be the point of holding on to a memory that isn’t happy! And I believe this is a good sight, you know, focusing on and remembering positive occasions and leaving behind negative ones will help older people regulate (kiểm soát) their emotions, letting them view life in a sunnier light (nhìn đời với cái nhìn lạc quan hơn)”

3. What roles do elderly play in the family?
Well, first, old people play the role of babysitter (trông trẻ)  for their grandchildren. Other role that they play is moral supporter for their family, you know, they cheer for the parents when they get a good job, cheer for the children when they do good at school and cheer for the family when they make progress together. They also have to be family counsellors (người tư vấn) to listen and give advice for younger members of the family as they have myriad (vô số) of experience lessons that the youngsters can learn and improve from”

4. Do you think old people enjoy their life more these days compared with the past?
“I think that since today’s life has become more affluent (đô thị, hiện đại) in the last 20 – 30 years that it helps the elderly in many ways. You know, when they don’t have to carry material burden (gánh nặng vật chất) like the past, especially when almost all elderly people in my country get a pension (lương hưu) no matter how small it might be, they will have more time and favourable condition (điều kiện tốt, đk thuận lợi) to enjoy the life, enjoy happy moments with their beloved family. However, I still think that in the rural regions and mountainous areas (vùng nông thôn và vùng núi), seniors’ lives haven’t changed that much and probably won’t in the near future”